Massage is a wonderfully relaxing way to assist the body heal itself.
Our clinic is child friendly and caters for mums in need of treatment as well gym junkies or anyone just in need of some relief and relaxation.
Whether you are experiencing muscular pain or not, regular massage is important for optimal health. It improves circulation and eases muscle tension by increasing the amount of oxygen in the blood and decreasing toxins such as lactic acid in the muscles.
A massage treatment is more than just a pamper session. Receiving a massage on a regular basis provides many health benefits.
- Massage improves / assists:
- Immune system
- Massage relieves / lowers:
- Blood pressure
- Muscle pain
- Stress levels
- Tension headaches
All massage sessions at Totally Sound Health are strictly non-sexual.
Types of massage available
We currently offer:
- Swedish (relaxation) massage: For relaxation or pain relief, this is the “typical” type of massage which can be done on the back, shoulders, legs, stomach, arms, neck and scalp.
- Remedial massage: For chronic aches and pains such as stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders. A deeper pressure is focused on areas of tension and pain to reach the sub-layer of muscles. There may be some discomfort or pain; please let your massage therapist know if you would prefer them to ease back on the pressure.
- AromaTouch massage: A very gentle back massage using 8 specific certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils specifically chosen for their relaxation, anti-inflammatory and balancing properties. The effects are similar to a deep tissue massage on the back without the pain!
As a mum with young children herself, Simone understands how hard it is to get time out without the children. If finding someone to mind the kids for half an hour is too hard, she is more than happy for you to bring them along!
Our massage treatment room is large enough to accommodate prams and/or strollers, and we have numerous boxes of toys suited for different age ranges to keep your child occupied while you receive your treatment.
What can I expect during my massage session?
During your first treatment, your medical history will be taken to ensure it is safe to proceed with the massage and to help give your massage therapist a clear picture about any issues to be aware of. Please arrive 5 minutes early to complete the medical history form.
Your massage therapist will explain how the massage will proceed, after which you will be left in privacy to undress (according to areas being worked) and settle face down on the massage table. Your body will be covered with towels at all times – only the area being worked will be uncovered, to give you maximum privacy.
A variety of massage techniques will be applied to ease your muscles, such as long gliding strokes, circular movements, kneading, and more. Massage lotion is applied to reduce friction; Simone prefers to use creams with flower essences that assist with further loosening muscles without leaving you oily, or for AromaTouch massage a very light amount of fractionated coconut oil is applied to dilute the essential oils. For particularly tight muscles, she may also use Ice Blue essential oil blend. The firmness of the massage is up to you – please don’t hesitate to give feedback if you would prefer a different level of pressure.
For a full body massage, or combination of massage and reflexology, you will be asked to turn over half way through.
After a massage session, you will need to drink a lot of water to help the body flush out the toxins that were released during your treatment.