The ear is often referred to as the most energy hungry organ of the body. All parts of the ear require high quantities of nutrients to function properly and to avoid degenerative problems such as hearing loss or tinnitus.
The nerves can only successfully fire the precise signals at the millisecond intervals required to accurately transmit a sound if the right elements and enzymes are present:
- the electrical stability of the cochlea depends upon the presence of minerals such as magnesium and calcium, and on a correct balance of necessary enzymes, fatty acids and amino acids.
- slight disturbances in the equilibrium of enzymes can lead to the death of some of the cilia, the tiny hair-like cells which convert the sound waves to electrical impulses relayed by the auditory nerve.
The delicate balance of this system can be upset by:
- insufficient oxygen due to poor circulation in the inner ear
- a deficiency in the trace minerals essential for enzyme activity
- a toxic overload being carried by the body
- excessive free radical activity.
The health benefits of good quality nutritional supplementation are far reaching. Not only can it prevent chronic disease over the long term, it can also improve the health of the skin, gums and organs as well as improving digestion and circulation, reducing stress and boosting energy and general well being.
Colloidal minerals are very minute particles which have already been absorbed and processed by plants. They come in a liquid form and are readily able to be absorbed by the human body, estimated to be 90% more available to the body than other types of mineral supplements.
A good colloidal mineral will contain at least 60 different minerals.
Over the last few decades many new sources of anti oxidants have been discovered:
- the 1st generation, vitamins A, C and E, will work for 3 hours in the body
- the 2nd generation, found in grape seed extract, pine bark extract and Ginkgo biloba, will last 2 – 3 times longer
- the 3rd generation (circuminoids) have now been discovered and will last for up to 3 days.
A good anti oxidant supplement will contain all of these ingredients.